My 25th Birthday My 25th Birthday

As promised, here is a recap of my birthday, 2005. It was a birthday of ups and downs, (all my own fault) as you will see:

Well, my birthday started off as well as can be expected for one who has to go to work :) I didn't open any presents in the morning because we had to leave early (I had a parent teacher interview), so we thought they could wait until the evening. The day at school was pretty good. Robyn made me some chocolate slice and gave me a Bridal magazine for my birthday present (I subsequently spent hours of the day ficking through it and going all dreamy - September 2007 seems so far away!). I brought in some chocolate cupcakes to share with the kids for a little birthday celebration, which they loved :) The kids made me lots (and LOTS) of birthday cards, and when I came in after lunch they all sat down on the carpet (my class and Robyns) and sang me Happy Birthday, and there was a big "Happy Birthday" on the blackboard. It was very sweet of them. Here is a photo of one of the birthday cards the kids gave me:

In the afternoon, I had to hang around at school for a while because I had another parent-teacher interview from 3:45 - 4:00pm, but the time went fast and before I knew it I was at home. I chatted on the internet to Trina for a while, and then decided that I probably should get going and head over to Mum's place before she thinks I have had a car accident or something. That's when things didn't quite go to plan.

I was heading out the door with my presents (so I could open them with Matt and Mum) and a couple of bottles of wine (it was my birthday after all!), and was all excited and happy about it being my birthday. I closed the door behind me, and then suddenly realised (too late) that I had forgotten my keys. I was now locked out of the house, and had no car keys either. I called Mum but she had already had a couple of glasses of wine and couldn't pick me up. I called Matt and he said he would catch a bus from the train station. I knew I had a long wait ahead of me so I sat down on an outdoor chair out the back. Eventually Matt called me from the station saying that the bus he was going to catch doesn't exist anymore, and that he was going to walk home. From WACOL. That was it, I started bawling my eyes out. I called Mum again and told her that we probably wouldn't make it to her place after all that night. She said not to be ridiculous and that she would come and get us. That upset me too because I knew she had had a couple of drinks and I didn't want her to lose her licence because of me! Then I called Matt and he said he was in a taxi about a minute away, so I called Mum and got her just in time before she left the house.

Anyway I was still bawling my eyes out when Matt finally got home, but we made it over to Mum's place.

After opening my presents, eating some Pizza and having a couple of glasses of wine, I felt a lot better, if a bit stupid for both locking myself out of the house and then letting it upset me so much.

Anyway, here is what I got for my birthday when I finally got to open my presents:

From Matt I got a pair of pajamas (Garfield ones :) ), a set of watercolour pencils (they come in handy for scrapbooking and my old set was just about used up, and didn't have as many colours), an oil burner and melt thing from Dusk, and the movie "Stand by Me" on DVD. From Matt's mum and dad, I got a stamping set (will come in handy for making xmas cards this year), and a beautiful round box that Matt's mum made for me, which had a little angel brooch inside it. From my mum (even though I told her not to get me anything because she already shouted me to the ballet!), I got a scarf and a little box of chocolates.

Me in my Garfield PJs The beautiful treasure box Matt's mum made me

My new oil burner My new watercolour pencils

Saturday night was my big birthday celebration (after a reasonably quiet one on Friday). It was held at Blu Grotto, and I had a fantastic time, thanks to Matt, Mum, Paula, Jules & Dan, Geoff, Vi and Nat who came along and helped to make the night special. Most of them completely ignored my request for no presents, so I got some lovely gifts as well - two necklaces (one cool blue one and one 7 rings necklace), a DVD of the wedding singer (another present to make me think about weddings!), a beautiful bunch of flowers, and a lovely bottle of wine.

I drank a cocktail to start off with (which was my plan all along), but only had one other drink so I wasn't really drunk at all. We had a lovely meal (I ordered the steak pie which was delicious, even though I couldn't fit it all in!), and I annoyed everyone by taking lots of photos (I am a scrapbooker, it's what I do!). After dinner we all headed over to Freestyle for dessert. They have the most delicious desserts there! Matt and I were reasonably good however and shared ours.

After dessert I still didn't really want the night to end, so some of us went out to the Coffee Club on Milton Rd for coffee (Mum, Paula and Vi had to go home though). While we were there a lady came around selling roses and Matt bought me one :)

All in all, I had a wonderful night, and I would like to thank everyone who came and made my birthday so special. I really am blessed to have such wonderful friends!!